Apply For A Grant
2023 Grant Cycle is NOW OPEN
Click here to submit your LOI Proposals
LOI Proposed Project Budget Templates
Nonprofit Grant Information Session
Thank you to those who attended our 2022 Info Session on November 15th.
If you were not able to attend, you can view our session recording below.
Our 2023 Grant Cycle will open January 10, 2023.
Impact Central Illinois combines annual $1,100 donations from our members to give high-impact grants to local, worthy causes selected by our members. In June 2023, Impact Central Illinois will award three Impact grants at $100,000 each and one Inspire grant for $25,000.
The three focus areas under which a grant application can be submitted are:
Health & Community Wellbeing; Education & Community Development; and Social Services & Basic Needs.
Impact Central Illinois' funding cycle runs from July 1 of the current year to June 30 of the following year. In each funding year, we collect member contributions through December, and early in January announce the amount of money to be available in the funding year. We will solicit proposals in the fall, evaluate them January through May, and announce award decisions in June. We will not accept grant requests past our submission deadlines. Non-profit organizations may apply for only one type of grant per year.
Impact Central Illinois' members serve on committees that evaluate the grant proposals. The committees select a finalist in each focus area. In June, we invite all members to cast a vote for the winning grant recipient.
Impact Central Illinois utilizes a 5-Phase-Funnel grant review process for both our IMPACT grant and our INSPIRE Grant. This process will be used to evaluate applicants in all focus areas:
- Phase 1 - Letter of Inquiry (LOI): All interested organizations must submit a Letter of Inquiry along with a completed Program/Project Budget and provide a copy of the organization’s IRS Charitable Status (501(c)3) Determination Letter by the LOI deadline communicated on the Grant Timeline. Impact Central Illinois Financial Review Committee and Grant Review Committee members will evaluate all LOIs and supporting documents and invite selected organizations to submit further financial documentation and a Full Grant Application for Phases 2 & 3.
- Phase 2 - Financial Integrity: All invited organizations must submit the required financial documents that are outlined in the Grant Guidelines, along with the Full Grant Application by the Full Grant Application deadline communicated on the Grant Timeline. Impact Central Illinois' Financial Review Committee will evaluate the financial integrity of all organizations invited to this phase. Organizations who have demonstrated financial integrity will immediately move on to Phase 3 for Grant Application Review.
- Phase 3 – Grant Application: Organizations that proceed to this phase will have already completed a Full Grant Application. Impact Central Illinois Grant Review Committee members will evaluate all Grant Applications and select organizations to move onto Phase 4 – Site Visit.
- Phase 4 - Site Visit: Impact Central Illinois committee members will conduct on site visits to organizations that advance to this phase. Site visits will include one-on-one interviews with selected organization leaders such as the Executive Director and the Chief Financial Officer. Following the completion of all Site Visits, Impact Central Illinois Grant Review Committee members will select organizations to move onto Phase 5 – Annual Meeting as finalists.
- Phase 5 – Annual Meeting: Information (Executive Summary) about each finalist organization that advances to the Annual Meeting will be provided in advance to all of the members of Impact Central Illinois. In addition, representatives from each finalist organization will be invited to the meeting and given 6 minutes to present on their organization and its project/program. At this meeting, Impact Central Illinois members will vote on a grant recipient – with each member casting one ballot – and the winner (or winners) being announced that evening.
GUIDELINES AND DOCUMENTS
If you have specific questions that are not answered by the documents below, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Impact Central Illinois will fund three IMPACT Grants for $100,000 each and one INSPIRE Grant for $25,000.
Submissions for our 2022/2023 Grant Cycle will open January 10, 2023.