Apply For A Grant
Registration for Nonprofit Grant Information Session is OPEN
Register Below Via the Link:
Our Information Session for the 2024 Grant Cycle is scheduled for December 13, 2023 at 5pm
at the Peoria NEXT Innovation Center, 801 W. Main, Peoria, IL
2024 Grant Cycle will open for LOI submissions on December 13, 2023.
LOI Submission Portal will close January 21, 2024 @11:59pm EST
Impact Central Illinois combines annual $1,100 donations from our members to give high-impact grants to local, worthy causes selected by our members. In June 2025, Impact Central Illinois hopes to again award three Impact grants at $100,000 each and one Inspire grant for $20,000.
Our goal is to fund proposals submitted by Highly Capable Organizations addressing Measurable Needs in our community with Innovative Solutions
The three focus areas under which a grant application can be submitted are:
Health & Community Wellbeing; Education & Community Development; and Social Services & Basic Needs
(Smaller nonprofits applying for an Inspire Grant do not need to identify a focus area)
Impact Central Illinois' funding cycle runs from July 1 of the current year to June 30 of the following year. In each funding year, we collect member contributions through December and in mid-December announce the amount of money to be available in the upcoming funding year. We will solicit proposals in December through January, evaluate them February through May, and announce award decisions in June. We will not accept grant requests past our initial LOI submission deadline. Non-profit organizations may apply for only one type of grant per year.
Impact Central Illinois' members serve on committees that evaluate the grant proposals. Each committee selects two (2) finalists in each focus area. In June, we invite all members to cast a vote for the winning grant recipients from the selected two (2) finalists in each focus area.
Impact Central Illinois utilizes a 5-Phase-Funnel grant review process for both our IMPACT grant and our INSPIRE Grant. This process will be used to evaluate applicants in all focus areas:
- Phase 1 - Letter of Intent (LOI): All interested organizations must submit a Letter of Intent along with a completed Program/Project Budget and provide a copy of the organization’s IRS Charitable Status (501(c)3) Determination Letter by the LOI deadline communicated on the Grant Timeline. Impact Central Illinois' Grant Review Committee members will evaluate all LOIs and supporting documents and invite selected organizations to submit further financial documentation and a Full Grant Application for Phases 2 & 3.
- Phase 2 - Financial Integrity: All invited organizations must submit the required financial documents that are outlined in the Grant Guidelines, along with the Full Grant Application by the Full Grant Application deadline communicated on the Grant Timeline. Impact Central Illinois' Financial Review Committee will evaluate the financial integrity of all organizations invited to this phase. Organizations who have demonstrated financial integrity will immediately move on to Phase 3 for Grant Application Review.
- Phase 3 – Grant Application: Organizations that proceed to this phase will have already completed a Full Grant Application. Impact Central Illinois Grant Review Committee members will evaluate all Grant Applications and select organizations to move onto Phase 4 – Site Visit.
- Phase 4 - Site Visit: Impact Central Illinois committee members will conduct on site visits to organizations that advance to this phase. Site visits will include one-on-one interviews with selected organization leaders such as the Executive Director and the Chief Financial Officer. Following the completion of all Site Visits, Impact Central Illinois Grant Review Committee members will select organizations to move onto Phase 5 – Annual Meeting as finalists.
- Phase 5 – Annual Meeting: Information (Executive Summary) about each finalist organization that advances to the Annual Meeting will be provided in advance to all of the members of Impact Central Illinois. In addition, representatives from each finalist organization will be invited to the meeting and given 6 minutes to present on their organization and its proposal. At this meeting, Impact Central Illinois members vote on a grant recipient – with each member casting one ballot – and the winner (or winners) is announced that evening.
GUIDELINES AND DOCUMENTS
If you have specific questions that are not answered by the documents below, please email email@example.com.
Impact Central Illinois hopes to fund three IMPACT Grants for $100,000 each and one INSPIRE Grant for $25,000.
Submissions for our 2024 Grant Cycle will open December 13, 2023.